Monday, October 20, 2014

Xantrex XPower 3000 Inverter GFCI & Remote ON/OFF UL458

Xantrex XPower 3000 Inverter GFCI & Remote ON/OFF UL458
  • Voltage - Input Range (Volts) NONE
  • Waterproof NONE
  • Power - Output (Watts) NONE
  • GFI NONE
  • Voltage - Inverter Input NONE

I was annoyed by the cooling fan of the ProWatt1750 coming on at 75*F, so decided to replace it in my garage/addition solar power. I picked the XPower3000 also by Xantrex because I was told it could be hard wired to the regular neutral/ground connected house wiring in my small panel. Also, it has a smaller idle power load, and will take the loads of my power tools better. I did have to disconnect my neutral/ground in my panel breaker box because it says it is accomplished internally and not to connect to a neutral/ground common buss bar panel. I was hoping the ProWatt1750 remote would work seeing it is the same phone jack type from the same company---but no, it does not work and I will have to empty out a lot of the attic and de-calk holes to get the remotes switched. That's the only installation hassles. I did add the recommended 300 amp fuse.

In performance, it makes a slight buzz, but the fan does not come on at lower temperatures. I am in no hurry to install the remote, because of the low draw when kept on. I'm sure it will handle my power tools even better, along with multiple loads. The price was over $60 cheaper, too, than the same XPower3000 elsewhere. The ProWatt 1750 is now my spare.

Buy Xantrex XPower 3000 Inverter GFCI & Remote ON/OFF UL458 Now

This inverter works great! I've had it for over a year and have used it to power a window ac, fan and pc equipment. Recently I began running it day and night using only solar and battery backup as the power source. This unit has run 3 laptops, phones, cameras, networking, and a fan at the highest setting all simultaneously with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment