Monday, October 20, 2014

Flaming River FR1002 The Little Battery Disconnect Switch

Flaming River FR1002 The Little Battery Disconnect SwitchI got this for my '69 VW. Sometimes I may leave it sitting for extended periods of time, and the radio was draining the battery.

I also thought one of these would come in handy-when working on any wiring. I searched around a bit, and this looked like a really solid piece-which upon receipt I realized it is. It is pretty heavy duty. I would recommend it, and I plan on getting one for my other VW. There is a rubbery seal that attaches to the key. At first it appeared as though there would be no way to get this seal on the key, but after a bit of coaxing I was able to get it on. This seals against any moisture from getting inside the keyway. You will need to get a short heavy duty cable to run from your battery to the switch, and obviously a place to mount thing thing. It is not tiny.

I purchased this product for my 2002 Eclipse. I have a lot of extras in my car ( MSD Ignition, Amplifier and 2-10" Bazookas, capassitor, high performance fuel pump and a few others. Everytime I would park my car for 3 days or more my battery would die. This product is solid and well made. The key is plastic but a high quality plastic. Like a portable radio or glock pistol hard plastic. The price is great comparing it to the Morosso brand... Why pay so much for a kill switch? I recomend this product..

Buy Flaming River FR1002 The Little Battery Disconnect Switch Now

I'd stripped out the threads on my travel trailer's battery. I needed something to left my disconnect the power without disconnecting the cables. The "Little Switch" did the trick. First I'd like to say that not all of these types of switches come with a mounting bracket. This one does which seems like a no brainer, but in the era of "not enough dollars = not enough sense" in manufacturing you have to be careful. I'm pleased that it is also a weather resistent swicth which is also not always the case, even amount marine swicthes. The weather cap slides over the key hole when the key is out. There is also a water / dust cover the fits on the key for use when the key is "in", however that's a little tricky to get on. All mounting and wiring nuts and hardware has been included. So far, it's doing it's job, battery is holding it's voltage just as if it was disconnected.

Read Best Reviews of Flaming River FR1002 The Little Battery Disconnect Switch Here

What can I say ? It's a switch, it's built well, and it works. It came with one key and that's enough for me. It is easy to mount about anywhere you'd want to put it.

Want Flaming River FR1002 The Little Battery Disconnect Switch Discount?

Seems very well made. I have had good luck with Flaming River products in the past. Bought the switch to isolate winches from power when they aren't being used on an ATV.

No comments:

Post a Comment