Saturday, June 28, 2014

Cobra MicroTalk CXT125 16-Mile 22-Channel FRS/GRMS Two-Way Radio

Cobra MicroTalk CXT125 16-Mile 22-Channel FRS/GRMS Two-Way Radio
  • 16 Mile Range
  • 22 Channels
  • 6 Rechargeable AAA batteries and "Y" wall charger included
  • Belt Clip included for easy carrying
  • Lead-Free Packaging

I bought the 2-way radio for our cruise we took. I bought it after reading about similar cobra products and liked the fact that batteries were rechargeable. After the initial charge the 2-way radio worked fine. We could communicate on the ship with each other to find where the other was, the voice was clear and crisp. One draw back was not having sub-channels on this product, as a result we could hear other conversations from other users. Even though the feature lists 16 mile range, I would say the maximum range was about 1 to 1.5 miles on an island without any major obstacles. The initial charge lasted a while but when the initial charge was gone, one of the radios would not recharge again and after a while the other failed to recharge. I tried charging for over 2 days but still no luck. I don't know where the failure was, whether it was the charger or the batteries themselves. I really like these radios but were useless without recharge so I ended up in returning to Amazon.

Buy Cobra MicroTalk CXT125 16-Mile 22-Channel FRS/GRMS Two-Way Radio Now

I bought this set of two walkies at Walmart for $24 and was attracted to the small size, simple design, and rechargeable batteries. I had intended to give them to my kids so when they hike about on our 25 acres of upstate forest, I can keep in touch with them. 16 miles under ideal conditions and 1 mile in the city according to the back panel. From the front lawn of our suburban home, without more than a few trees blocking, the signal faded after 1500 feet. By a mile, mostly static and largely inaudible. I would suggest that at $24, they are a great toy and within 1000ft, certainly as clear as a bell. Don't rely on them for anything over a mile especially if staying in contact is critical.

Read Best Reviews of Cobra MicroTalk CXT125 16-Mile 22-Channel FRS/GRMS Two-Way Radio Here

I also bought this at Walmart. Charged it up for 15 hours per instructions. The wall charger never even got warm. Indicator still showed less than 10% charge. Put in fresh AAA's, same deal. Boxed them back up and returned next day.

Want Cobra MicroTalk CXT125 16-Mile 22-Channel FRS/GRMS Two-Way Radio Discount?

The actual walkie-talkies are not bad. They do not recharge. Quick review for a product that has wasted enough of my time. Got these for $15 in a store Now, I know why.

Save 5% Off

The radio is good for the price but the charger is very bad.

In my case the charger start only once.

No comments:

Post a Comment