Sunday, October 19, 2014

Duracell 813-1500-07 1,500 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter

Duracell 813-1500-07 1,500 Watt DC to AC Power InverterThe Durucell Inverter 1500 watt works just great. I had no problems at all. I saw in reviews that some people had the inverter begin to smoke as soon as they hooked it up. That's what happens when you don't hook possitive terminals to possitive and negative to negative. You need to be real careful and double check before you hook up and turn on. Plus don't use any cables that are smaller than the ones provided. I add a 40 amp fuse link to the possitive cable just to be on the safe side. This will avoid any possible electrical fire.

Purchased this to replace on I already had installed.

It is a great value for the money. It was about half as much as any other comparable brand and type. I got it installed and it's working great.

Buy Duracell 813-1500-07 1,500 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter Now

This is a great product produces enough energy to power

tools and small appliances. I love the fact that it only

requires one set of wires that are included, You cant beat that.

Only improvement needed are one or two more outlets.

Read Best Reviews of Duracell 813-1500-07 1,500 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter Here

Item works as advertised.

I powered a microwave and coffee maker at the same time with no problem or the fans coming on.

You have to follow the instructions and use 4gauge wiring no more than 5 feet long(jumper or welding cables work great). You also have to use some kind of fuse as close to the battery as practical (you can use an inline 100amp from a car stereo shop) and ground the unit with 8 gauge wire from its chassis to that of your RV, car or boat..if you don't, you risk frying the unit. I read those reviews about smoke pouring out and think that a $1.50 fuse could have saved $170 worth of clean, noise free power.People, read the manual!!!

Want Duracell 813-1500-07 1,500 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter Discount?

During hurricane Irene, there were widespread power outages and it was nearly impossible to get any sort of portable generator on Long Island. Instead, I ordered a Duracell inverter and purchased a pair of deep-cycle marine batteries to use as a power source. It was sort of amazing to see the delivery truck show up the next day, even with the streets in my town cluttered with downed trees and power lines major credit to Amazon and their shipper for getting me this thing in under 24 hours.

I used the inverter to power my (oil-fired) hot water heater as well as some lights and a microwave oven (not all at once, of course). There's quite a bit of energy in those marine batteries, and I was able to get about five hot showers out of my water heater with a single battery charge. When the battery ran down, I connected it to my car via jumper cables and recharged it. It was a lot of work, but our power was out for a week, and this at least gave us hot water and some lighting until I could find a suitable generator.

Through the ordeal, the Duracell inverter worked perfectly no complaints whatsoever. It handled the surge current required by my hot water heater when it started, and never even became hot to the touch. I don't think the internal fans ever even snapped on. Otherwise, the rest of the construction quality is very good, and it was easy to setup. You do need to supply your own connecting wire I made mine using an old set of jumper cables. If you need more power, there's even a 3000 watt version of this same inverter.

Highly recommended, especially at this price.

No comments:

Post a Comment