Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Coleman Cable 08760 20-Feet Heavy-Duty Auto Battery Booster Cables with Parrot Jaw Clamps, 4-Gauge

Coleman Cable 08760 20-Feet Heavy-Duty Auto Battery Booster Cables with Parrot Jaw Clamps, 4-GaugeI have owned a pair of these for about a year, after owning a couple of cheaper pairs, and what I have learned is that there are three basic considerations when buying booster cables. First, the quality of product that the manufacturer produces. Poor quality cables will fail on you and possibly do serious damage to your vehicle. These cables are very well made and reliable. Second, the gauge of cable. The lower the number the heavier the cable. Four gauge is nice and beefy, and will do the job for any passenger car or truck. Don't go for a higher number (and therefore less capable) set of booster cables. Third, the length of the cable. It is inevitable that you will eventually have to use these to start a car that is boxed in by a garage, trees, or other vehicles and you''ll have to reach the battery from the back of the vehicle. Twenty feet is the minimum length. Get 25 foot cables if you can.

I bought these because a previous reviewer said that the wire was solid copper. Either the model changed since that review or that reviewer was incorrect. These are decent quality cables, the clamps are sturdy enough, but the wire is definitely copper coated aluminum. It didn't occur to me to check the shipping weight, but when I picked up the box, I could tell that 20 foot, 4 gauge solid copper cables with heavy duty clamps should be heavier than 6.3 pounds. I haven't decided whether it is worth sending them back or if they are good enough to put in the wife's car.

Buy Coleman Cable 08760 20-Feet Heavy-Duty Auto Battery Booster Cables with Parrot Jaw Clamps, 4-Gauge Now

I bought these to use at work and I have already used them about ten times. I have jump started a old peterbuilt tractor, some cars and stakebeds and not once did the cable heat up. The Clamps on the end are extremely strong and can clip onto small spots very well. I just wish I had bought a longer set but these work great.

Read Best Reviews of Coleman Cable 08760 20-Feet Heavy-Duty Auto Battery Booster Cables with Parrot Jaw Clamps, 4-Gauge Here

Ok, You can stop looking for Booster Cables because these are the ones you want. The Clamp style works great, the Cable length makes it so much easier to work with, also the Cable itself is flexible and easy to coil. Comes in it's own storage box WITH Instructions on how to jump start a vehicle printed on the OUTSIDE of the box ( Smart !! ). Oh Yeah, Did I mention, It's made the USA !!

Want Coleman Cable 08760 20-Feet Heavy-Duty Auto Battery Booster Cables with Parrot Jaw Clamps, 4-Gauge Discount?

Well I got'em... They feel beefy enough everyone tells me Coleman cables are top notch so I bought them. I guess only time will tell they seem tough the box claims they can handle 500 amps thats overkill for small trucks and cars so I hope they will do the job when the time comes.The cables upon a closer inspection do beat the off the shelf walmart specials. So I am going to continue buying made in the U.S. stuff.

Save 44% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment