Sunday, June 29, 2014

EKLIPES Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski & Snowmobile Cell Phone and GPS Adapter

EKLIPES Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski & Snowmobile Cell Phone and GPS AdapterReceived the EKLIPES motorcycle GPS adapter. Mounted it on my bike. Tried to use the waterproof cover attached to the adapter and found it was TOO BIG to fit in the adapter... How in blazes do they sell something like that? Had to use my dremel to grind the cover down to size to fit. The only word that comes to mind is "incompetance". How does something like that get by product developemnent and product testing? Oh I know, THEY DON'T HAVE ANY!

Needless to say, I don't recommend this product... unless you've got your dremel handy.

The good:

This can be found for very cheap in brick and mortar stores (I got mine for $4)

It comes with an eyelet on both connectors (some cheap ones only have it on the ground)

The accessory outlet is fully enclosed so it is theoretically waterproof

The outlet is removable thanks to the quick attach cables

The bad:

The outlet is very loose. It's easy to pull any powered devices far enough out to lose connection. This is bad on anything that vibrates (say, motorcycles, ATVs, jet skis, and snowmobiles).

The fuse cover basically falls off if you look at it funny. You'll need to tape it on.

The waterproof cap is over-sized and will not fit unless you cut the rubber.

In the end I would not recommend this product. RadioShack sells a much better EnerCell outlet for a few dollars more than I bought this one for (and a lot less than what it is selling for on Amazon).

Avoid this at all costs. You'll just be wasting your time if you're looking to add a power outlet to your motorcycle.

Buy EKLIPES Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski & Snowmobile Cell Phone and GPS Adapter Now

This adapter is perfect for my cell-phone recharge wire. I use my Nokia E71X AT&T Navigator GPS when I ride cross country. Very convenient is the adapter's end fixture that plugs into my Battery Buddy recharge wire, which I keep attached to my bike's battery. The only complaint I have is the internal wiring in the molded rubber plug fixture has a loose connection and the connection to the battery is intermittently broken with engine and road vibration. I haven't tried replacing it on warranty as I'm always using the adapter.

Read Best Reviews of EKLIPES Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski & Snowmobile Cell Phone and GPS Adapter Here

We were very excited to have a phone charger on our motorcycle trip, but found that this outlet on this device will not securely hold a phone charger plug in place to receive a connection if there is any movement at all. I literally had to hold the charger into the adaptor with my hand for an hour while riding on the back of a motorcycle in order to keep our GPS charged. This was pretty ridiculous and I will not recommend this product to anyone.

Want EKLIPES Motorcycle, ATV, Jet Ski & Snowmobile Cell Phone and GPS Adapter Discount?

The package includes a harness to connect to the battery, and a cigarette lighter adapter to connect you accessories. Comparing the harness with the ones provided with other products (i.e., Deltran battery tender) the Eklipes is of a much inferior quality and it looks cheaper, too. Eyelet connectors are not very good, and the fuse holder does not have a secure cap (it tends to fall). In addition, the workmanship on the connectors could be improved. In regards to the adapter, it comes with a cap bigger than the adapter, so I ended up cutting it out and not using it. The cigarette adapter is usable but not the best out there, and the harness could be used for an application where there is no much vibration (I won't use it in a motorcycle), and where does not need to have a good seal for the fuse (I won't use it in a boat). For a few extra bucks you could get something of a much better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment