Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Usa Spec Pa15-vette 2004-2010 Corvette, Chevrolet, and Cadillac Ipod/iphone Interface + Aux Input

Usa Spec Pa15-vette 2004-2010 Corvette, Chevrolet, and Cadillac Ipod/iphone Interface + Aux Input
  • Auto Charge feature charges IPOD battery and auto stops after 1 hour of non use
  • In some vehicles if Vehicle has existing external CD Changer it must be disconnected.
  • Auto Playlist Select - If no play list is created, Auto Selects first 5 play list on iPod
  • Use the Radio's CD Changer buttons to access and control up to 5 different mobile playlist. Song up, down, shuffle, random, etc.
  • Access unlimited song per mobile play list

I purchased this for my 2005 CTS Sedan.

While I was able to install this unit easily when installed it did not work. When I contacted the manufacturer USA-SPEC they informed me that Discount Jungle is not an authorized retailer and that the device may not be authentic. I also had my Cadillac dealership trouble shoot the XM receiver and they confirmed that the USA-Spec device was defective and that the car stereo was operating properly.Amazon should remove Discount Jungle as a retailer of this product. Discount Jungle...more like Discount Junk.

Update I was finally able to get some assistance from USA-Spec and after some trouble shooting they were able to help me get the settings right and get the unit working. I have updated my rating from one star to three. The unit is now working but the instructions were wrong, and USA-Spec was initially unwilling to help me since I didn't buy it from an authorized retailer. If you want USA Spec support then buy it from an authorized retailer...not through Discount Jungle.

Buy Usa Spec Pa15-vette 2004-2010 Corvette, Chevrolet, and Cadillac Ipod/iphone Interface + Aux Input Now

I bought this for my CTS-V with the Nav package. It worked really well. The instructions were a bit confusing, since i had the older Navigation unit. I called the tech support, and they were very helpful and everything is perfect now.

Install took 2 tools and 20 minutes

Pros:

Easy to install

Good tech support

Works quite well really

Direct iPod control

Cons:

instructions vague on older units, just call

Read Best Reviews of Usa Spec Pa15-vette 2004-2010 Corvette, Chevrolet, and Cadillac Ipod/iphone Interface + Aux Input Here

Works well in a CTS-V1 (04-07) and plug n play to your existing harness. Programmable buttons so you can pick artist, random, playlists, etc from the head unit, not have to use your phone though you can still do that.

Pros:

*Adds iDevice connectivity (audio only; 30pin devices only)

*Plug n Play

Cons:

*Dated considering the Apple lightning connector and no android (mini or micro USB) support

*No BT (no handsfree call functions)

*Plug does not work with iDevices with (most) cases

If you want to change to something more modern and not just add audio, there are a host of other head units available (Pioneer AppRadio, Parrot Asteroid, etc) that will allow you to use BT, USB sticks, apps (Pandora/Spotify/etc) but you lose your DIC (Driver Information Center). In that case, you would need to purchase an external device like an ultra gauge or other OBD II reader to get the same info.

Want Usa Spec Pa15-vette 2004-2010 Corvette, Chevrolet, and Cadillac Ipod/iphone Interface + Aux Input Discount?

Works great and wasn't too difficult to install. Just be careful removing all the plastic parts from your car! The interface is great to have so you can listen to your iPhone iTunes thru your stereo without having to squint at the iPhone display.

Save 61% Off

I installed the PA15-VETTE in my 2005 Cadillac SRX (Factory Bose Radio, XM Activated, No Navigation). What a great product! Works as advertised. No cable cutting required, everything is plug and play with the factory system. Of course you have to spend some time taking apart various parts of the interior to run cables, etc but totally worth it.

Let me just say as well that USA SPEC (The Manufacturer) has some of the BEST support I have ever encountered. The support is US based, and I never was on hold for more than a couple minutes. Initially I had some issues with noise on the XM Band after installing this kit. Although USA SPEC didn't have a fix up front, they were eventually able to make me a modified cable that solved the problem! Wow!

Here are some videos I made to help:

No comments:

Post a Comment