Saturday, March 29, 2014

Goodyear i7000 12-Volt Direct Drive Heavy-Duty Tire Inflator

Goodyear i7000 12-Volt Direct Drive Heavy-Duty Tire InflatorI've owned two other tire inflators: both Craftsman. Both were as loud as a jackhammer and caused a massive racket when in use. And they were quite slow in inflating my car tires so the racket went on for longer than I desired. The primary features I wanted in a new unit was low noise output and an ability to inflate my 20" SUV tires. Wow! does this unit deliver! I plugged it in one of my car power outlets and turned it on in my enclosed garage. I know the noise was not noticeable to my townhouse neighbors. And the inflation is much faster: with my Craftsman, I would settle in for the wait to inflate 5psi, turn on the radio and check the gauge every few minutes. With this one, I had to watch the gauge closely to ensure I did not over-inflate within 1 minute. (According to the claim on the box, it will inflate a 14" tire from 0-28psi in under 2:30 seconds.)

What you get:

* 16-ft PVC air hose w/ quick connect cabling (much like most Craftsman air compressors);

* 10-ft power cord with a 15 amp fuse (this length, plus that of the air hose, should be plenty long enough for most folks);

* Built-in analog pressure gauge (above 30 psi, it displays 2psi increments up to 150psi);

* 4 LED lights built into the inflator (the lamp has a separate on/off switch from the inflator)

* Four inflation adaptors for toys, balls, rafts, etc.

The box also includes 2 replacement 12v fuses. I can't speak to longevity as I've not put it through any wear-and-tear but since it's a direct drive motor, fewer moving parts would imply that it should last longer than other gear driven models. The whole thing fits nicely in a carrying bag that can easily fit behind any car seat (it's about the size of an adult's soft lunchbox). Time will tell whether Goodyear was wise in allowing its name used on this model but so far, so good. Highly recommend.

I am upgrading from a cheap unit that was slow and noisy. After researching a number of air compressors online, I decided to purchase this unit. Just received it and tried it out. I am really pleased by this unit:

Incredibly quite and stable -it won't jump around like my previous unit;

Quick inflation -I tried to top off on my 31" truck tire. I did not time it, but I can see the needle moving at 33 psi. For bicycle tires, it takes only seconds;

Reasonable power draw -it did not blow the fuse on my 04 4Runner, and I don't have problem starting the truck after testing the unit without engine running to fill 3 bicycles and top off a truck tire;

Accurate gauge -I tested it against my other tire gauge and the readings are practically the same at 33 psi;

Quality construction. The chuck connector works much more reliably than the quick connector in my previous cheap unit. It loses a bit of air upon disconnect but can be easily compensated.

Buy Goodyear i7000 12-Volt Direct Drive Heavy-Duty Tire Inflator Now

For an upcoming 3-week camping vacation I wanted a reliable compressor so that I could maintain the correct tire pressure for the tires on the pop-up camper. Camper tires will heat and fail (blow) if the pressure is too low. Our camper tires require 50 psi. I chose this compressor because it appeared to be heavier duty than the "cheaper" (below $20) varieties found at the discount stores. After 3 weeks and 5,000 miles, no blow-outs. Plus, we also had a truck tire with a slow leak and I was able to maintain good pressure in that tire without having to rely upon service station inflation vending machines. In summary, I believe this product is a useful tool and a good value.

Read Best Reviews of Goodyear i7000 12-Volt Direct Drive Heavy-Duty Tire Inflator Here

As many others have said, this compressor uses more current than the average cigarette lighter socket can handle. However, with proper fusing, it works as advertised, is fairy quiet and inflates tires quickly. Unfortunately, after an estimated total of 45 minutes of intermittent use on my sedan, the pump's connecting rod bearing shaft broke away from the counterbalance and the unit is now useless. The failure occured at 32 P.S.I. while inflating a tire.

Want Goodyear i7000 12-Volt Direct Drive Heavy-Duty Tire Inflator Discount?

This is a great little compressor, Small enough to keep in my truck, but powerful enough to top off my tires to 65psi in just a couple minutes.

The flashlight is a bit gimicky, but it could be useful in some situations. The switch for the light is separate from the compressor switch so you don't need to turn it on unless needed.

The power cord and air line are plenty long enough to comfortably reach all 4 tires on my full size, extended cab truck (as long as I came out a door on the side I was inflating), yet short enough to be easily manageable. The air chuck screws onto the tire valve so you don't have to hold it on while inflating, and the auto-coiling air line tucks into the provided carry bag easily.

I was very impressed with both how quiet and cool it ran. Even inflating to 65psi it didn't struggle, or even warm up.

It might be a bit of overkill for passenger car tires (~32psi), but it's great for truck/SUV tires.

Save 21% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment