Thursday, February 27, 2014

Black & Decker PI100AB Inverter

Black & Decker PI100AB InverterWe bought this to power our laptop and cell chargers while on a road trip to the Grand Canyon. This unit was compact and easily packed in with the laptop. It worked flawlessly and saved our sanity by giving the kids power to "entertain" for some of the less senic drive times. The only minor complaint is the cooling fan, it just added a little white noise noticable at less than cruising speeds. On the plus side it also reminded us that it was sucking power when we would shut down the car. Overall we are very pleased with this purchase.

I got this inverter elsewhere. I'm very happy with it, and I was very amused to see other reviews complaining about how noisy it is. This inverter will power my laptop just fine, as well as charge my blackberry via USB. The noise is acceptable to me. I'm a guy, and I like things that plug into power and make a whirring noise. It makes a whirring noise, so I know it's on, and the green light comes on when it's plugged in to let me know it's providing power to whatever I have plugged into it.

If you have a medium or larger laptop, heed my warning: If you're looking to charge your laptop from a dead battery, this will do it, provided you don't do something stupid like turn the laptop on while it's charging. You have a choice: You can keep the laptop powered by this inverter while your battery is at full power, or you can charge your dead laptop while it's powered off. You will probably ruin the inverter or pop its fuse if you try to charge your dead laptop AND power it at the same time.

Buy Black & Decker PI100AB Inverter Now

I've had other inverters before and this one isn't louder than any of the other ones i've had. It does it's job and is cheap. It's nice to be able to charge my iphone and laptop at the same time.

Read Best Reviews of Black & Decker PI100AB Inverter Here

I was planning to buy Car charger for my two cell phones, Ipod, Digital Camera Charger,video camera charger; but cost for each of them was a big factor, then i got to know about black and decker inverter; It solved all of my problem. The price is quite reasonalble.

Charges all of the device quite efficiently.

Advise, it has low hissing sound; so if you are listening to soft music with your ipod connected, it might spoil the mood. Incase of Ipod first charge it

Want Black & Decker PI100AB Inverter Discount?

Warning, the cooling fan inside this inverter is way too noisy to be used in a car. I can't believe Black & Decker can sell something like this without violating a noise safety level regulation, the fan is entirely too loud and the white noise it generates will slowly drive you crazy. It's especially bad if you have a dashboard where the 12V cigarette lighter is close to the steering wheel or heating/AC vents and not far from your ears, like I do. I used it during a 2 hour road trip and my ears were very unhappy by the end of the trip. No amount of music, road noise, or max fan speed setting on the AC could drown it out.

The physical design of the unit is great and the single AC and USB outlets are exactly what I needed. 100W is perfect for laptops, cell phones, and mp3 players, I've had no trouble using any of them with this inverter. I also like the way the neck bends 45 degrees in either direction, that helps get it out of the way somewhat (again, that depends on the placement of the 12V output on your dash).

I guess if your 12V cigarette lighter is near the floorboard this inverter might work for you, but the noise level of the fan is so bad that I would advise everyone to skip this and find something else.

Save 8% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment