Friday, January 31, 2014

LaserShield BSK13101 Home Alarm Kit

LaserShield BSK13101 Home Alarm KitDon't make the same mistake.

1If you don't subscribe to a monitoring service you cannot have any functionality at all. Can't make it call you to your phone, can't make it send you a TXT even if you have the sparrow thing installed.

2The audible alarm sounds a little louder than my alarm clock in buzzer mode.

3The sensors are definitively not state of the art, as the description states.

I have had alarms in the past so I have something to compare to. I know this is not the top of the line system, but I have had descent alarm systems that call up to five numbers without subscribing to a service.

This thing has a lot of potential! What if the Sparrow module would let you monitor it yourself through the internet. or activate it and deactivate it online... check which sensors are active, etc... that would be something. I have looked for something like this and haven't found a good product. I would pay for the Sparrow if it did something more than send info to an alarm company.

Hope my review helps you... Maybe if you're willing to pay for the service it would work OK... but most alarm companies install their stuff for free if you stay with them for 2 years. I have had ADT before... Sylvania also makes some nice "monitor yourself" alarms like for around 150...I just thought this one would be able to dial without the alarm company service.

No comments:

Post a Comment