Sunday, December 29, 2013

GM Keyless Remote 16245100-29 w/ Program and Free WWR Guide

GM Keyless Remote 16245100-29 w/ Program and Free WWR Guidei really expected a key fob that looked like it was a copy of the real one. honestly,it looks just like the one that came with the car. I was also surprised by how easily it probgammed into my car. I know some cars would be difficult and the directions looked scary but once i started i was done in less than five minutes!

Works great for the vehicle I have. Although I only gave it 4 stars because the directions for putting your vehicle into "learn mode" was way to confusing and did not work for me. I had to look up and recall a youtube video that short circuits a path between your OBD port with a paper clip *(port 4 and port 8)* and accomplishes the same task... WAYYYY easier and it is the system I have seen certified GM mechanics use. The instructions tell you to key off this key on hold a button and switch the key on/off three quick times...= GOOFY! Watch the youtube vid on jumping port 4 and 8 or print it off its findable on the web. The horn/locator/panic button doesn't work or my car isn't compatible with it or never had a factory alarm setup no biggie. I just wanted to replace the key fob so I had extra set of keys and such. Has greater distance than my original although I'm writing that off to fresher batteries in the new unit. Fit and finish is OEM.

Buy GM Keyless Remote 16245100-29 w/ Program and Free WWR Guide Now

Great replacement remote. Worked well for my 1998 GMC Yukon. Like others posted, the horn button does not work, but that's expected as the original does not have this button. My previous remote kept falling apart. Used some quick fixes (i.e. aluminum foil on the inside of the buttons) but that only worked temporarily and it was still inconsistent. Finally made the decision to get a new remote and wish I had a while ago! Much greater distance and no more pushing the buttons multiple times to get the key fob to work.

I used the programming method of jumping terminals 8 and 4 in the Data Link Port and it worked like a charm. Less than 2 minutes to program and all you need is a paperclip.

Read Best Reviews of GM Keyless Remote 16245100-29 w/ Program and Free WWR Guide Here

The remote for my 97 Chevy Tahoe stopped transmitting so I needed a replacement. I bought this and so far so good. It arrived on time and was easy to program.

My original remote didn't have the "horn" button, so I wasn't expecting that to work and it doesn't. The other three buttons work just like the original.

Want GM Keyless Remote 16245100-29 w/ Program and Free WWR Guide Discount?

Received item very fast, but it did not come with instructions on how to program as promised in the ad. After call the tech line remote still didnt work. My money was refunded but i still need a remote that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment