Thursday, October 31, 2013

Samlex America (SEC1230A) 30 Amp Smart Charger

Samlex America 30 Amp Smart ChargerI have used boat battery chargers on every big boat that I have owned. Some required very large systems, because they basically counted one(1)battery as a bank. I purchased this, not for my boat(I already have one on it), but for a back up to my solar charged 12 battery electric system(3 banks of 4 batteries).

I rewired both the solar charging system and the existing backup system to integrate it with this charger. Because it is probable, that batteries may be in use, even at night, I disabled the "Boost" 2nd stage of the charger, so that it would not be overcharging any of the battery banks. When overcharging they gas and boil out the electrolyte. With manual chargers, you have to sit right on them and make sure that they are not boiling over. The 1st "Bulk' Charge rate will take them to 80%, and the way that I have set the charger(manual explains how)it will then go to the third stage, "Float." All done, automatically.

Samlex makes great products and, 'they ain't cheap.' Amazon's vendor sells this cheaper than I have seen it, anywhere in this country. I was concerned that I might not be getting it when I was originally told that I would, but these good folks stepped up to the plate and got it to me exactly one day after it shipped. Incredible. This old, 'DIY Engineer' highly recommends both the Amazon partner and Samlex products.

The charger works perfectly. It has one ground (negative) terminal along with 3 positive terminals. The 3 stages (as I understand) will help prolong the life of a deep cycle battery. This charger has two dip switches that the user can adjust depending upon what type of battery is being charged.

I have the unit permanently mounted near my battery bank. The cord is run a couple of feet over to the receptacle. It is a tad bit inconvenient to pull the cord when I want to shut it down but I can live with that. I may be showing my ignorance by saying that it should have an on off switch. But that is the only thing negative that I have to say.

Buy Samlex America (SEC1230A) 30 Amp Smart Charger Now

Excellent quality. This is the 3rd unit I've bought via Amazon. It s winning combination. I will continue to buy Samlex brand.

Read Best Reviews of Samlex America (SEC1230A) 30 Amp Smart Charger Here

No comments:

Post a Comment