Monday, October 20, 2014

R310 2.7-inch 140 degrees Dual Lens dash board camera car dvr black box video recorder + gps logger

R310 2.7-inch 140 degrees Dual Lens dash board camera car dvr black box video recorder + gps logger
  • Dual Lens,Front lens: 140 wide-degree,Back lens: 120 wide-degree
  • Video resolution 640*480 30fps
  • GPS Module,Gravity Sensor
  • Adjust the position of the lens: its front/back lens can be rotated for 270 degree to the front or back

After having HD 720P 2.5-inch LCD Monitor CAR Dash Dashboard CAMERA Cam VEHICLE VIDEO Accident RECORDER DVR Support SD/MMC Memory Card : Up to 64GB about a year, and caught some good videos, I decide to get more car DVR for all my cars. Found this one, but I can not find any video from anywhere, so I decide to take my chance getting one to see how good the video quality is.

The setup is easy, video is excellent comparing to my previous car DVR, the GPS sensor is very sensitive, GPS function is very useful when you reviewing the video, it tell you exactly where your car was at exact time, 6 minutes video clip took about 360 MB, you will need large micro SD card for it.

I only gave four star because of the User Manual is really really bad, so far I only test single lens mode at day time, I did not test the other lens and night time yet, I will update my review after I done those.

10-24-2012 updates

I just notice Amazon change the product I wrote review on to another one, Amazon keep the same title, the product review I wrote was a football shape, totally different one, I do not own the current one, I do not know anything about the current one.

01-13-2013 updates

just found Amazon change the product picture back to the one I own and I wrote the review.

Buy R310 2.7-inch 140 degrees Dual Lens dash board camera car dvr black box video recorder + gps logger Now

I picked it up from the post office Friday (it came with postage due?) I had a chance to skim through the booklet Friday night and then put it in the car Saturday before heading out on some errands. It went up very easily and staying put. My unit came up in English so there was no fumbling through another language to set it up. I was able to finish the set up without looking back at the manual. My only set up issue was confusing the front and back cameras. This was quickly noticed in the screen when everyting was upside down and quickly fixed.

After a lot of driving on Saturday I finally had a chance to pull the SD card and watch some of the video on Sunday. The required video player isn't the best but it works fine. It provides options to view either camera by itself or both at the same time. It lets you switch between MPH and KPH. It let's you turn on or off the mapping feature. Most importantly though it lets you save the file to your computer so that you can use it with other programs if you decide you want to and can use the AVI format it's in.

My experience was that the video was good. Not good enough to read road signs or liscense plate numbers, but otherwise clear. It is important to keep your windshield clean or glare will affect the image. I thought the rear-facing camera provided a good image as well. I'd prefer a camera with a zoom lens to provide a better view out of the rear window as opposed to inside the car, but it's still a good image. I haven't played with the volume a lot, but my first few attempts had very low audio.

The GPS and Google map feature worked very well. It provided accurate location and speed information. I can't imagine needing more mapping information than it provides. If you intend to use this as evidence in case of an accident, keep in mind that if you use the GPS feature it will capture your speed. As long as you're not speeding at the time of the accident the video will help you. If you like to speed though you might want to think about not capturing the GPS information.

It looks like it creates a fairly large file size. I'm using a 32GB class 6 card. The video recording smoothly and without any choppiness. It's very easy to start a new file while driving to make it easier to identify important files you wish to keep and to reduce file size. As long as you lock important video files before it over-rights them a 32GB card should cover a lot of driving.

The only thing that bothers me a little is that I drive more than one vehicle. If the camera is installed nicely with the wires run out of the way and out of site it's not quick or easy to switch it from one vehicle to another. But then again, at this price it's probably cheaper to buy a second kit than to try to track down a second GPS and Power cord that could be left in the second vehicle.

Overall, after one weekend with the product I'm very happy with what the product does and how it does it for the money.

Read Best Reviews of R310 2.7-inch 140 degrees Dual Lens dash board camera car dvr black box video recorder + gps logger Here

You're not going to find a better dashboard camera for this price anywhere. The picture quality is excellent, similar to the video posted in the other review. I am amazed at the features packed into this product, particularly considering the price: dual lens camera, gps tracking and g-force sensor. The application used to view back the videos is easy to use and links to google maps to sync the video to your location. The rear-facing lens has some kind of light sensors, or something, that provide a night-vision effect for the video inside the vehicle.

My only two minor cons on this product are: First, as others have noted, the instruction manual is obviously translated from Chinese so it takes a little bit of effort to figure out what some of the instructions mean. Not a big deal, just requires a little playing around with it and you can figure it out. Second, getting the micro SD card out could be easier; it basically requires a pair of tweezers. But, even considering these two minor issues I would still give this 5 stars based on all of the features you get for this great price.

Want R310 2.7-inch 140 degrees Dual Lens dash board camera car dvr black box video recorder + gps logger Discount?

I narrowed my car cam to 3 choices available on amazon. I purchased this first because it was the cheapest with the most features. I liked that it had dual (front and rear) cameras, GPS speed and location tracking, G-force sensors, automatic on-off, and built-in screen for real-time monitoring or reviewing previous recordings. After using this for 3 days, here is what I found out:

Pros:

1. Suction cup works in freezing temperatures. Just make sure it's clean before installing.

2. Once set up, car cam is easy to use. If plugged into the car accessory outlet, it can automatically turn itself on and off when the car turns on and off.

3. Video is as clear as a Non-HD camera will give you. Because it gives a nice Wide-field view, it will not allow details such as license plate numbers.

4. After formatting a micro-SD card, the unit will auto copy the required JPlayer onto the card. After inserting into your computer, double click the JPlayer.exe file on the card (or copy it to your desktop) It works on my Win7 computer. Use of the JPlayer is mostly intuitive.

5. The unit is smaller than I expected (similar size to a toilet paper roll).

6. Sound is as clear as I expected considering background radio and road noises.

7. Can record Front or Rear Only, or both at the same time. Recording can be turned on/off manually if needed.

8. GPS (when it works) gives helpful info about speed, location and tracking on a mini Google map in the player.

9. G-Sensor is interesting but not that helpful unless in a crash or high speed turns, etc.

10. Built-in monitor screen is needed for setup, but I prefer it off during use so not to distract when driving. This could be helpful to review a recording if needed on site of an accident. I prefer to view on the computer.

Cons:

1. User Manual is difficult to understand. You need to read the entire 7 pages before attempting to use this item.

2. Unit is made in China, but comes in Russian as default language. Following manual will allow you to press the appropriate buttons blindly until the language is changed to english. Then all menu items will be obvious.

3. Screen default is to time-out around 10 seconds. This makes it difficult to play with when new. You can change this in the menu to stay on. After you know how to work the unit, you can change it back to screen saver.

4. GPS features give very helpful information such as location, speed, and tracking on a map. But it takes up to 30 seconds to work, or sometimes not at all (at night for me). The speed is about 5 seconds delayed from what the video is showing, so it is not exactly real-time.

5. JPlayer but could be designed better. The "Large size display" button makes it 50% larger for me, not full screen as I would expect. This may also depend upon your monitor screen resolution.

6. JPlayer shows a map of a chinese city as default if your GPS did not work during the video recording.

7. Time zone is incorrect, no option to change it.

8. My video played well, but takes a long time (~30sec) to manually jump to another file on the card. I hope this is because I did not use the recommended class 6 card speed. I ordered a new ($23) 32gb class 10 card to hopefully fix this.

9. Four LED Infrared lighting for the rear camera is focused into a narrow spot in the center, about 1/10 of screen area. This allows a night view inside the car, but could be much better if spread out more (poor design).

Overall I like this and plan to purchase another one for my other car. I give it 5 stars for overall value, minus 1 star for poor manual and requiring a special JPlayer to view videos.

3/21/2013 Update

Using a 32gb class 10 card made all the difference. No more delays jumping from one video to another during viewing.

I forgot to mention that you can export the video and snap a photo, but it takes a long time for the video and does not show extra features like GPS or speed info.

This is a good little camera for the price, but I have had the GPS go out on me and I agree with everyone else about the instructions being ridiculously bad.

I would buy it again for the camera alone. The GPS function shouldn't be counted on.

No comments:

Post a Comment