Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Samsung ECS-K1E1BEGSTA Car mount kit for SGH-I717 with Suction Holder, Dashpad and Car Charger - Re

Samsung ECS-K1E1BEGSTA Car mount kit for SGH-I717 with Suction Holder, Dashpad and Car Charger - Retail Packaging - BlackI'll keep it simple.

fit like a glove.

when phone is docked, it defaults to 'Voice talk' profile until changed

3.5mm audio out, when docked audio default to output until changed in settings

dedicated power port

included dc power cord (4 feet)

strong suction

comes with dash plate

one issue...if phone in direct sunlight...dock and phone get very hot.

Another issue...if using Samsung cover it barely fits in the dock.

The good:

1. The sliding micro USB connector connects and disconnects from the device very easily.

2. Many apps have functionality that is only activated when dock connector is engaged (eg. Spotify actually switches to landscape orientation).

3. The phone fits the mount perfectly, and looks nice mounted on the dash.

The bad:

1. There is very annoying interference from the car engine when using the audio out from the dock. I tried two chargers (including the official Samsung car adapter), and two audio cables, thinking it may be a grounding issue, but the interference remains. My Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth hands-free/charger has no interference at all, so I have to suspect this dock is at fault.

2. The package did NOT include the mounting plate that was advertised.

3. The suction cup doesn't adhere to any surface (including the glass) for longer than 15 minutes without falling off. The mounting plate would probably solve this had it been included. I was uncomfortable leaving my phone in the unit for fear it would take fall damage, until I worked around it by milling two channels through the base with a Dremel tool, and driving two bolts directly through it and into my dash, mounting it very securely.

4. The dock angles up and out at a steep angle, and the plastic isn't rigid enough to support the weight of the phone, causing it to shake a great deal while driving. The phone fits so tightly that it's in no danger of falling out, but the rattling noises caused by this are extremely annoying. I fashioned a kick-stand out of a small aluminum rod to solve this, but a product should not require this many workarounds.

Other thoughts:

I can't fault Samsung for their precision engineering on this, but this dock is incompatible with every case I have, including the 0.2mm ultra-thin case I purchased hoping it would fit. If you feel a case is a necessity to protect your camera lens, look for a different dock.

Buy Samsung ECS-K1E1BEGSTA Car mount kit for SGH-I717 with Suction Holder, Dashpad and Car Charger - Re Now

The base and suction cup are great quality and attaches nicely. I was looking for a mount for a Galaxy Note 2 and this one came up and appeared to fit the bill. When I got it mounted, the Note 2 didn't fit well. You have to angle it just right in order for it to charge properly. I have already gotten rid of the packaging so can't send it back and had to buy another one. I don't know if it is designed for the Note 1 and the changes were just subtle enough to make the mount not suited for the Note 2. Shame on me for not keeping the packaging, but a little disappointed that the description was misleading.

Read Best Reviews of Samsung ECS-K1E1BEGSTA Car mount kit for SGH-I717 with Suction Holder, Dashpad and Car Charger - Re Here

Be aware, this won't fit the Note 2 at all.

Check out the iBolt. Its great and a perfect fit with any case installed.

Want Samsung ECS-K1E1BEGSTA Car mount kit for SGH-I717 with Suction Holder, Dashpad and Car Charger - Re Discount?

It does not fit Samsung Note II !

Otherwise it looked solid, OEM product. I was forced to purchase aftermarket holder. Not happy camper

Save 40% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment