Monday, April 28, 2014

Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Gauge

Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire GaugePlease ignore the other two users that gave this gauge only one star because it only read 28.5 psi. I find it amusing, but sad, that they didn't realize that there was a protective sticker on the screen that read 28.5. If you peel off that protective sticker, then you get a nice, bright red backlit number displaying your true tire pressure. This gauge works great! The display is amazingly easy to read, and it is also simple to get a good reading.

Prior to owning this Accutire model, I had a 7 year old Accutire digital gauge that finally broke. WIth that old model, it was much harder to get a reading without air leaking out. With this new model, if you just push the gauge straight into the valve stem, you easily get a solid reading without leaking air. The old model's display wasn't backlit either, and I was truly impressed with the large, bright numbers on this new model. I'd highly recommend getting this gauge, as it has all the functionality you need, at a very reasonable price. I like having accuracy to 0.5 psi, and I never use non-digital gauges unless I have no other choice. I also tested this gauge with back-to-back measurements, and it was accurate every time. You won't regret this purchase...

This is by far the best tire gauge I've ever had. It lights brightly, easy to see even in sun and always visible at night. Accuracy is high, construction quality is excellent. Highly recommended!

Buy Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Gauge Now

While this product works fine, and is accurate, it uses (3) A76 watch batteries. That's a lot of batteries. and the batteries generally only last about 6 months. I have to pay $2 ea for the batteries. Total $6 each time. That's $12 a year. and the unit only cost $8.

Maybe a unit that uses lithium or other long-lasting batteries would be better.

Next time, i think i will try one of the better, more-expensive units.

Read Best Reviews of Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Gauge Here

I found the tire gauge readings to be accurate, and initially this meter was easy to use and quick to take a measurement.

However, within 5 months, the plastic part of the gauge that you put onto your tire had deformed to the point that it would no longer take a reading from a tire. I do not work at a mechanical shop, and I have one car and I had taken a reading about once a week for 4-5 months.

I would not recommend this product.

Want Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Gauge Discount?

I've owned two versions of this gauge: An LCD version that I bought 7 or 8 years ago, and the more recent LED type. Aside from the display technology, they looked identical.

They were both accurate and reliable, but they both also had very poor sealing against the tire valve. The rubber ring that seals against the valve is too hard and uneven. You have to line the gauge up very precisely, and press very hard to avoid a burst of air escaping from the tire. If you don't get a good seal, the reading can be off, and a couple of bursts of air is enough to drop a tire by 1 psi. Every time I checked my tires, this happened on at least one or two of them. It's bad enough that I got into the habit of overfilling the tires by a couple of psi so that when this happened I would not end up below the desired pressure.

I finally got tired of it and bought a $26.00 gauge at Sears that seems to be just as accurate and does not have this problem.

Save 38% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment