Wednesday, February 26, 2014

August CR150R FM Transmitter - Wireless MP3 Player for In-Car use with SD/MMC Card Reader / USB Por

August CR150R FM Transmitter - Wireless MP3 Player for In-Car use with SD/MMC Card Reader / USB Port / Remote ControlIt doesn't work. I wasted my money and its more trouble than its worth to return it. I certainly got what I paid for this time. : (

I bought this as I was getting bored of the radio and my car doesn't have an AUX in or card reader. I loaded up some songs onto an SD card, put it on shuffle and now have my favorite songs with no commercial breaks! Its really simple to set up, you just find an empty radio station, tune it in and away you go. It's a really useful gadget and for the price, I couldn't ask for more.

Buy August CR150R FM Transmitter - Wireless MP3 Player for In-Car use with SD/MMC Card Reader / USB Por Now

I was able to successfully read a FAT32 formatted 8GB USB stick in this device, but I returned it for the following reasons:

Unit does not save the last song played. Every time power is interrupted and reapplied playback starts from track 1. I had about 7GB of music to listen to and starting on track 1 every time I started the vehicle was tedious.

Starting on track 1 wouldn't be so bad if random worked but the random function does not work as expected, most of the time I couldn't tell a difference between the "Random" and the "Play All" setting

The unit supports amplification of the source being sent through the FM transmitter but I found that the transmission was too weak to provide a loud enough FM signal..I had to turn the volume up on my car stereo to half way or more on some of the tracks where normally I never use 1/4 volume for direct line-in type sources.

I tried multiple FM frequencies and it still was not as good as a line in cable or another standalone FM transmitter I've used with the same vehicle in the past.

Read Best Reviews of August CR150R FM Transmitter - Wireless MP3 Player for In-Car use with SD/MMC Card Reader / USB Por Here

I was initially impressed with the August CR150 Car MP3 Player & FM Transmitter with Card Reader but as time went on became less so. Mainly due to its lack of features. It is not easy to read the display for one thing. And if power is disrupted due to hitting a pothole you have to start from the beginning of the track again. Very annoying when you're listening to an e-book or a lecture. What would be nice is for it to remember where it left off when power is disrupted. A larger display would be nice as well. But it does perform well wrt sending a signal to your radio. Overall, given the price, it serves its purpose pretty well. Just don't hit any potholes while driving.

Want August CR150R FM Transmitter - Wireless MP3 Player for In-Car use with SD/MMC Card Reader / USB Por Discount?

I thought it would have been a device that I could also play music from other devices, such a my phone! Didn't work and the sound quality was poor!

Save 36% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment