Sunday, July 28, 2013

Samlex PST- 150S -12A 1500 Watt DC/AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter - 12V

Samlex PST- 150S -12A 1500 Watt DC/AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter - 12V
  • Protection systems include input low voltage, input over voltage, over temperature, overload, and short circuit.
  • Low idle power draw
  • Comes with pin-type battery cable lugs
  • Low battery voltage alarm and system shut down
  • Built-in electronic GFCI plus two temperature controlled cooling fans.

I have had several inverters over the years, and the Samlex PST150S -12A 1500 Watt DC/AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter takes the cake. Not only was it economical for a 1500W pure sinewave inverter, but I have used it heavily every day for a year (It hasn't been turned off at all in fact) using 15A powertools, charging everything I can get my hands on, 52" Sony TV with subwoofer and surround sound, Nintendo Wi, large refridgerator and freezer for several hours a day, 1500W oil filled space heater, lights, 2 laptops, toaster, 1400W microwave, blender etc. In fact I am writing this review using solar power via the Samlex inverter.

Important to know-

*The inverter fan is quite noisy, but I went my first 2 months never hearing it. It seems to only kick-in when you run a product that consumes more than 600W for more than 30 minutes, even then its intermittent.

*The positive and negative connection points from the battery are smaller than I would expect. They appear to support up to a 2 AWG wire, but not bigger than that. This shouldn't be a problem however since 2 AWG should be big enough for the maximum amperage this product can supply without turning off.

*Some "Pure-Sine" inverters produce a buzzing noise or interference when used with certain products with tv or radio signals, interfere with cell phone signals, or cause brushed tools to run "funny" this one doesn't. In my opinion, it is the purest power you can get, probably better than the electrical grid supplies.

I would recommend this inverter to my friends and family (And have several times)

Update 4-29-13

I have now had this unit for 3 years and it is still going strong. Still no problems, no signs of weakness, and unless its abused I can't see this ever refusing to do what you ask it to do. The list of things I have now used this for are endless. In conjunction with my 410w of solar and 4 deep cycle batteries it has done everything from provide power to my daily uses like run my laptop and tv, to run my coffee maker and everything else during 2 day power outages.

In short, I have asked this 1500W inverter to do more than most people would ask it to do over the past 3 years and it has yet to fail me or show any signs of weakness. It still produces clean, reliable power... All at what still appears to be quite a bit cheaper than the competitors... I had never heard of Samlex prior to this purchase and due to my experience with this unit, they have my product loyalty which is a hard thing to achieve.

Buy Samlex PST- 150S -12A 1500 Watt DC/AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter - 12V Now

I have owned several different sign wave inverters in the past 15 years, so I was real happy to find this unit to be so rock solid. Even at 100 degrees in the store house where it is mounted, this unit pumps out the power. Use it every day with my computer, TV, lamps and more. This is the best unit I have ever owned. I recommenced this unit to anyone investing in solar and wind power.

No comments:

Post a Comment