Sunday, June 30, 2013

Power Bright XR-175 175 Watt 12 Volt DC To 110 Volt AC Power Inverter With USB Connection

Power Bright XR-175 175 Watt 12 Volt DC To 110 Volt AC Power Inverter With USB ConnectionI bought this inverter to power a laptop computer while in any of our vehicles and it serves the purpose very well. I like the design which goes well with my laptop (a Toshiba Satellite M645). It's very light, slim enough to easily fit in a laptop case, has a power led to let you know its on and not only plugs into a standard 12V accessory port in a vehicle but also can be used on a plane (check first to see that your seat has a power outlet). It also has over/under voltage protection (shuts off in either case) and is the only one I found that can actually deliver 175 watts of power (not just the temp surge wattage). Granted I haven't actually put that to the test, but all of the other inverters I looked into in this class delivered less continuous power if you read the fine print. If I find out different with this one, I'll edit this review (and I'll also be in touch with PowerBright as this is what they advertise...).

The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is that the outlet does not grip the AC plug from the device very securely. Its good enough as long as you don't pull on the cord which you shouldn't do anyway. Otherwise its a very nice product and I would recommend it to anyone with a similar need.

This is my first inverter from Power Bright, but I have to say, I'll be a repeat customer. I use this little guy to run an air pump that draws something like 174 Watts, just under the max. And that pump runs for maybe 15 minutes straight to fill up my giant float. Usually in the hot sun. This little engine-that-could has never skipped a beat. I admit I was surprised how hardy this thing is given its tiny footprint. Uploaded a picture of it next to an iPhone 4 for a size comparison (the stock photo looks like a 100 photoshoped to look bigger).

The only negative thing i have to say about it is that the chords that come with it are short and seem a little cheap. But that's a nit since the unit is quality.

Buy Power Bright XR-175 175 Watt 12 Volt DC To 110 Volt AC Power Inverter With USB Connection Now

This inverter replaces one that died in service. RIP. It runs cool and has a power on-off button so you can leave it plugged into the 12 volt receptacle.

Read Best Reviews of Power Bright XR-175 175 Watt 12 Volt DC To 110 Volt AC Power Inverter With USB Connection Here

I did some research and really liked the size and style of this item. When it arrived, it worked great. It rode around in the car, sometimes in use and sometimes not in use, for 2.5 months. Yesterday I tried to use it and found out that it was completely dead. No fan, no lights, nothing. I don't know what might have caused it to stop--I'd been out of town for a month and the car with the unit was parked in the garage. I'm really disappointed because I liked it up until yesterday. I'm inclined to go back to a Black and Decker unit that we've had for quite a while and used in the other vehicle.

Want Power Bright XR-175 175 Watt 12 Volt DC To 110 Volt AC Power Inverter With USB Connection Discount?

I purchased this inverter and would recommend it to anyone, it's very small about the size of a pack of cigarettes and works amazing! I have a Lenovo laptop and my cell phone hooked to it. It comes with cigarette adapter an airline adapter and battery clips. I am just not sure how the airline connector works I have never seen this type of connection.

Save 13% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment